dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

My newborn baby(1month) has a discoloured patch in her neck.

Customer Question

My newborn baby(1month) has a discoloured patch in her neck. we noticed this on her 26th day since birth. It does not seem to have grown since then. We are not very sure if it is there since her birth though there is every possibility for that. The colour keeps on changing throughout the day and sometimes it's not that much visible. My mother in law has vitiligo. I just want to know whatis this patch? My PAED says its fungal infection and has prescribed Candid and Flutibact. Please help. Is it vitiligo/ birthmark/ fungal infection/ any other skin infection
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 10 months ago.

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

This is a repeat query by mistake or you would like me to give you one more opinion by having one more careful look at the photos ?

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic