Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology)
40004158

I have these small spots on my penis and I'm not sure what

Customer Question

hi. I have these small spots on my penis and I'm not sure what they are. I've had them for a while but they got worse a couple of weeks ago. Please advise
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is***** and I will do my best to provide a useful input.

Would a photograph of the affected area be possible at your convenience?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi. Thank you, yes
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Thank you for the photographs. These small bumps on the penis are called Fordyce Spots. Fordyce Spots are ectopic sebaceous glands (out of place skin oil glands) and are absolutely harmless. 3 out of every 10 men have them. They can become more or less prominent from time to time depending on things like skin dryness, friction, heat, etc.

The spots can be left alone if not bothering you cosmetically - if they are then you can have them removed with a laser or radiofrequency by a dermatologist - however recurrence is frequent and I really don’t advise the procedure. Without removal these spots are persistent but as I said they will cause you no trouble whatsoever.

Please note that no oral medication or cream reliably helps with these spots, even though there are numerous sites on the internet selling anti-sebum products to clear them.

Please feel free to ask if you have any queries. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

P.S: I am not in the UK so a phone call will not be possibly unfortunately.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you very much for your prompt and informative answer!!!

You're most welcome! Kindly consider rating our interaction to enable me to get credit for my work with you. You can continue to follow up even after if required. Thank you.