DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Physician
55099014

One day I noticed two bumps/blisters near my genitals

Customer Question

One day I noticed two bumps/blisters near my genitals because I felt one due to a slight sting. The next morning I went to the doctor and they were swabbed for a culture. The doctor was not 100% it was herpes but prescribed valtrex.I'm awaiting the culture, its been a week since I noticed them and as of four days ago I can not longer even see where the first two blisters were. They are completely healed.I'm anxiously awaiting the results however the doctor said it could have been too soon for an accurate result. Is it possible for blisters to be noticed and heal in four days?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 10 months ago.

Do you have a pic?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Blisters/bumps noticed on Wed, went to the doctor Thurs because one was slightly painful and itchy at times, it was red and resembled a bug bite by EOD Thurs, by Friday afternoon it looked like this, crater like. The other one left was crater like as well and gone by Sat. I took the first vtrex on Friday morning.

Was it very painful?

have you ever had unprotected sex or a known exposure to herpes?

is the culture back yet?

Please don't forget a positive rating.

If you have more questions, just reply :)