Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I think i might have a genital wart on my scrotum but i dont

Customer Question

Customer: i think i might have a genital wart on my scrotum but i dont know for sure. and my name is ***** *****.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: well it is a slightly raised bump that has a slight pink tint to it. it doesn't hurt i had sex with a condom about 3 months ago. i think it might also be a follicle spot.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dermatology Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: how much is it if i wait?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

This is Dr Love, and I will be glad to assist you today.

Could you attach a picture of the bump, either a close-up or a high resolution image that would allow for zooming?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its the raised pink spot next you my index finger
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the last two are on the other side one im pointing to then the next is at the bass of the penis. im pretty sure these are follicle bumps its the first one that has me worried.

Thank you for the picture.

The appearance of the bump is more that it is composed of fibrous tissue, such as a fibroma. A fibroma can form at a site of previous inflammation, including if there was inflammation or infection in a hair follicle, although it does not always do so.

It is possible that a genital wart can start with this appearance, but it will get progressively larger becoming more cauliflower in appearance, but this is more likely a fibroma.

It is not necessary to treat a fibroma unless it is bothersome to you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is unlikely to be a wart? i have had it for a about 2 months and it has not grown in size. it may be possible i had it before the sexual encounter i was just concerned when i saw it after this most recent sexual contact.

Correct, it is unlikely to be a wart.