Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist
Experience:  Senior Consultant MBBS DNB (DVD)
25843817

Does this look like HPV or any infection/disease?

Customer Question

Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have small, flesh colored bumps on the top of the glans of my penis. They can only really be noticed when I am erect, or when I am squeezing the penis to make it turgid. They have been there for at least 6 months. Perhaps longer, as I cannot say when I first noticed them. They do not itch, burn, swell, or have any fluid to them. I don't believe they are pearly papules as they aren't around the corona, and are instead in a group on the top of the penis. Additionally, I have a brown spot to the left of my penis in the pubic area which looks unlike any other moles I have. Again I cannot say how long it has been there, but it hasn't changed in some time. Based on pictures, this brown spot may be Bowenoid papulosis. I have included pictures of each skin condition. Please tell me if you think these could be hpv. I have also included a picture of the flacid glans for comparison.
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 11 months ago.

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Do you have a history of sexual ( unprotected ) before the appearance of these spots ?

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have had unprotected sex before. I have almost always used condoms though. As I can't recall when these spots appeared, I cannot connect it to an instance of unprotected sex in particular. These spots may have been there my entire life as I only noticed when I started critically examining the area for another condition (tinea). I have been tested for hsv and tested negative for genital herpes (igg at >3months from last encounter).
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have also applied antifungal (terbinafine, myconazole), and taken an oral antibiotic (doxycycline) so i think i can rule out bacterial and fungal infections. What do these appear to be ( visually and based on symptoms)?

Thank you for the information provided.

You have 2 queries "

One is related to the growths which you feel are not pearly penile papules

The second is the black marks on the side.

Can you tell me where you have applied the ointments you have mentioned ? Are they on the black spots or the growths?

I would like more clarity on that issue so I can comment further

Thank you

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I applied to both places.

Thank you so much for your reply.

The brown spot is not a wart or hpv. The brown spots are a kind of a rare mole called connective tissue nevus which is benign and will not cause any harm.

Neither are the growths on the penis warts or hpv. They are sebaceous hyperplasia or atypical gland hyperplasia or atypical fordyce spots.They are non infectious and benign in nature

Both the above conditions will not respond to any cream application.

The only method to remove these by a liquid nitrogen cryotherapy done at the dermatology clinic.

Please do get back to me in case of any further queries.

Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 10 months ago.

Do you have any queries ?

Hello . I am still awaiting a reply from your end.

Please do let me know if you still have your concern.

I would be happy to help you

Warm Regards

Dr Pravin

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your reply doctor. You were very helpful and informative. I don't have any other questions.

Thank you for your reply.

I have released the rating service application on your page. Please do leave me a feedback for my opinion provided. .

Regards

Dr Pravin