dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I have the same. I will try the mupirocin. i am currently

Customer Question

Customer: I have the same. I will try the mupirocin. i am currently taking gabapentin, metformin, inderal, lisinopril, fluoxitine and vitamins b and d. have had this scabbing issue for about 4 months.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i am currently diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy and diabetis. I have scabbed sores on my buttocks that so far haven't healed. Active about 4 months. I have tried Neosporin and other antibiotic creams. i have already listed by medications.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dermatology Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr David

you should see a doctor about these scabs and see if you need a skin biopsy or wound culture of these areas.

for some patients, they can get MRSA skin infections which can keep the area from healing.

if you lay on your back or bottom a lot, you can also develop pressure sores on your bottom which don't heal.

diabetes can make it slower for you to heal from pressure wounds.

have you shown these scabbed areas to a doctor?