dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I have an 11 year old granddaughter that is starting puberty

Customer Question

I have an 11 year old granddaughter that is starting puberty and she is having acne issues what can I do to help her keep that acne under control? She is very self conscious about her looks. I have tried Neutrogena skin cleaning lotion and hair skin and nails natural vitamins and it doesn't seem to be working.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is***** and I will do my best to provide a useful input.

Does she mostly get whiteheads and blackheads or large red or pus filled bumps on the face?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Whiteheads
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you able to subscribe a prescription if need be to help her?
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.

No I'm afraid not - we cannot give medical prescriptions online. I can provide information on products you could buy without a prescription that often work well for acne like you have described. Would that help?

Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.

Its getting late in my part of the world - am therefore opting out to open your question to other dermatology experts. One of them should be able to help you. Regards.