Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist
Experience:  Senior Consultant MBBS DNB (DVD)
25843817

Two days ago I had a pimple which was round and hard but

Customer Question

Hi, two days ago I had a pimple which was round and hard but they had no pus in it so I squeezed it and messed around with it and this clear yellow-ish discharge came out of it and then when they woke up the next morning the skin peeled off and it was pink underneath but it was quite small then I exfoliated very aggressively all day and use vitamin E oil meant and aloe vera and the skin around it turned brown and started peeling as well and no no then I exfoliated very aggressively all day and do use vitamin E oil meant and aloe vera and the skin around it turned brown and started peeling as well and now there is a very large patch of pink skin and the yellow-ish clear discharge is still coming out of it I tried exfoliating but it won't go away please help
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 11 months ago.
Hello Welcome and Thank you for your query posted. My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern. Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service . Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information: Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience? You can upload the photo on www.photobucket.com and send me the link Other method of uploading photo or a file is:1.Click the paperclip icon2.Click the Browse icon3.Click the Browse button4.Select your file and click Open5.Click OK6.Click Insert7.Click Save Changes on this page Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t646/Dakota_Hutchinson/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpskeptf987.jpeg
Thank you so much for the photo sent. It looks very much irritated and inflammed. You should treat the inflammation with over the counter cortaid and Neosporin ointment.Cleanse the area with over the counter Cetaphil cleansing lotion and Use Cetaphil moisturizer on the area to heal the area.Please stop exfoliating the area for now as the condition will worsen. Please follow the above treatment. If it is possible to get a prescription antibiotic , a short course of antibiotic will be the best addition to the above treatment. Please do get back to me in case of any further queries.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Will it ever heal and how long will it take?
Yes , it will definitely heal. It will take 3 weeks to heal and form a good layer of skin . To get a completely non brown skin mark in the area , it will take 3 months. Do you Agree with what I have mentioned ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you very much. And what do you mean by brown mark, will it be darker or lighter than my skin tone? I an bald black half white so I'm a light brown colour
It may be darker than the normal skin color you have for around 3 weeks. and then it will go away totally and become normal skin color. I would recommend you to take Vitamin C orally for 3 months to prevent the intensity of dark skin color on the area affected. Do you want me to release the rating service application your page so you can give me a feedback ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes but I have I have one more question, what do I do about the drainage?
The Antibiotic will help in the drainage . So if in case you can get the antibiotic that would be the best bet. I would recommend you the above treatment. RegardsDr PravinDo not squeeze the area .
I am releasing the rating service application on your page so you can give me a feedback for my opinion provided.
HelloDo you have any further queries. I would be happy to assist you . RegardsDr Pravin