Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Physician
Experience:  14 years of Family Practice Experience including most dermatology problems
13781349

Do herpes show up all at once during an outbreak or can a

Customer Question

Do herpes show up all at once during an outbreak or can a few show up then go away and a couple more show up once the other light red bumps are almost gone? I have some above my lower abdomen above my penis. They aren't blisters, don't have a cut in them, no puss coming out, don't itch more than normal. I didn't see any scabbing except for one after touching it but not much. This one bump had what looked like a small regular white head at the tip with a very small black center, is that hair? It went away the next day, with barley a scab. I counted 5 maybe six bumps total over the last 3-4 weeks. They were in different spots not in a cluster. Only two were within 2mm of each other. One was going away when the other was showing up next to it
Thanks for your help
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Not sure if photos are going through
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Photo
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Please ignore the phone call request.
Expert:  Anthony Bray MD replied 11 months ago.

Hello !

Your photos and description does not look like a herpes outbreak to me. This looks more of perhaps small pimples ...perhaps Dan a bit of Neosporin cream twice a day to red raised bumps until clear .. It looks more typical follicular pimples and not herpetic here. It looks very minor in nature to me. I think not reason to cause you worry.

I hope that this is helpful for you Let me know if I may be of further help.I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for messaging me back, the bumps were more red before and everything is calming down. Follicular makes more sense. I just wanted to make sure.Do herpes show up at once for an outbreak without being in a cluster or can a few show at a time and more show up a few days later?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Maybe they were a little more yellowish then to what they look like now, nothing from what I've seen on herpes.

Hello again,

Herpetic lesions usually are quite sore for one.. red bumps to blisters to ulcers ..they have a natural progression... it can be a single ulcer but a small cluster is common too...

I hope that this is helpful. Let me know if you have further questions! I will be happy to get back with you!

Take Care !

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for your information. So from your medical standpoint I should be okay?

Hello again,

Yes I think that you are fine! It seems minor skin irritation which is a very common occurence especially in this groin area. It does not look like herpes. It does not look to be of any significant problem for you. I expect that it will clear completely for you without problem!

Take care!

Let me know if I may be of further help!

Anthony Bray MD