Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology)
40004158

I have a growth in my pubic area that has reoccured after I

Customer Question

I have a growth in my pubic area that has reoccured after I scratched it off. Initially u had the growth for 4/5 months - I then scratched it off and it became much smaller for circa 2 months. It now has grown slightly to what is seen in the attached.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for requesting me. This looks like either a skin or hair follicle related cyst, or a dermatofibroma to me. Cysts are basically blind sacs below the skin. Dermatofibromas are localised overgrowth of fibrous tissue from causes as varied as mild skin trauma from shaving/plucking hair to things like insect bite reactions to no trigger at all.

All three problems are harmless and if the bump is not bothering you cosmetically then you can leave it alone. If it is then you can see a dermatologist to either have it injected with steroid to see if that helps, or if not then surgical removal.

Please feel free to ask if you have any queries. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you doc !!! I was worried it could be amelotic modular melanoma as it grew back after being scratched off! I'm guessing you agree this is unlikely?
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.

You're most welcome! Very very unlikely.

Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.

Do let me know if you have any more questions. If not kindly consider rating our interaction to enable me to get credit for my work with you. You can continue to follow up even after if required. Thank you.