Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have a small lump on the outside of my hole and i have

Customer Question

I have a small white lump on the outside of my butt hole and i have never seen it before...
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 11 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

There are several possibilities to cause a white or flesh colored bump outside the anus. It could be something completely benign, such as a skin tag. It could be a skin infection, such as a wart. It also could be the point of deeper infection, such as an abscess.

Are there any associated symptom with the bump, such as pain or itching?

If you are able to attach a picture, then a better analysis of the structure can be done, although I realize that this is an embarrassing location to photograph. Would you be able to attach a close-up picture of the bump?

I have not heard back about whether you are having any symptoms or would be able to attach a picture.

If there are no symptoms and without a picture, it is statistically most likely a benign growth, such as a skin tag. If you are able to provide further information, then I can provide a more detailed discussion. Please let me know if I can provide any additional information.