DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Internist/homeopath
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor/homeopathy medical and homeopathic approaches to skin disorders.
24257177

My husband as lost most of s eyebrows, body hair and beard,

Customer Question

Customer: good evening, my husband as lost most of his eyebrows, body hair and beard, he's only 55. ...
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: his hair is thinning a bit but he is not going bald. the body hair lose happened the last year. his gp told him not to worry but for sure this can not be normal?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dermatology Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes. thank you.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
He used to have really thick hair. he is fair skinned and ginger/blond. He had a few episodes of skin cancer for the past 7 years but his skin is under doctor observation every 3 month and so far all is ok. the lose of his eyebrows and body hair came suddenly. Doctor told him not no worry as this is part of aging?!... he's only 55... he is really conscious of it but most importantly he wants to know the reasons and what can be done.
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 11 months ago.

Hello

He needs thyroid studies.

Loss of eyebrow hair can be a sign of hypothyroidism.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.