Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Can receiving a hand job at massage parlor post an std risk,

Customer Question

Can receiving a hand job at massage parlor post an std risk, I have a small red spot the size of a pin on my shaft two weeks later?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

No, a handjob at a massage parlor typically does not pose any risk for STDs, even if the handjob is performed by an individual that would be high risk for sexual contact. It requires sexual contact for transmission of STD germs. For most STD germs, it would require penetrative sex, but there are a couple germs, herpes and HPV, that are transmitted by skin-to-skin contact, but it would still typically require genital skin to come in contact with genital skin for transmission to occur. There is a theoretic risk that the hands could transmit one of the skin contact germs, but even this is exceedingly rare. This potential mode of transmission would require that the hand of the person doing the massage touch their own infected skin and then immediately touch your skin, which also usually would mean that the person doing the massage was naked or minimally clothed. As I noted, this is exceedingly rare, but it is the only potential risk in this situation.

So, this is typically not a risky encounter, and certainly is not a risk for most STD germs, such as HIV, gonorrhea, or chlamydia. If the person doing the massage was clothed, you can be certain that there is no risk and you do not need to worry. If the person was naked or minimally clothed and may have touched themselves before performing the massage, there is a rare risk that there could be transmission of one of the germs that can be transmitted by skin-to-skin contact, but even this would be exceedingly rare.

If I have answered all your questions, please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).

However, if I can provide any further information or clarification, please let me know.

Please bookmark my profile for asking future questions.

This is a link to my profile:

www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-DrDLove/

And the small red spot could be related to friction from the handjob, but would not be due to an STD.

Please let me know there are any further questions and remember to provide a positive rating once all your questions are addressed.