dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I have bad sores all around my mouth, corners and all and it

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** I have bad sores all around my mouth, corners and all and it continues to spread, it hurts and stings like fever blisters, I have used nystatin, ketoconazole, monistat, and meds for athelete;s foot to no avail, the only thing that has helped is taking fluconazole by mouth, but my dr. says it can damage my liver, as long as I took it the sores healed but now are back worse than ever and spreading. What can I use to cure this?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It started out with a sore in the corner of my mouth, I was given nystatin cream, it didn't help. It has spread now to my chin other corner of mouth going down the side of my mouth, it cracks open, gets crusty and hurts
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dermatology Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes but I want something that will cure this nothing has so far and it just gets worse.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is***** and I will do my best to provide a useful input.

Would a photograph of the affected area be possible at your convenience?