dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

Almost every day I get small raised bumps on my abdomen and

Customer Question

Almost every day I get small raised bumps on my abdomen and upper trunk that often appear like eczema in nature. They're only located on my torso, they itchy, and can disappear in less than 24 hours. I've had them looked at and biopsied multiple times and the result always comes back inconclusive as a mole. Today I have one on my abdomen that is extremely prominent raised and lightly itchy.
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I started getting these two years ago after an upper respiratory illness with fevers every day for two weeks. Was seen in the ER and treated with IV rocephin. I am an otherwise healthy person.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
They also seem to respond to topical steroids and anti-histamines. But I tend to avoid topical steroids or steroids of any nature as I have sensitive skin and was on accutane in my teenage years for acne.
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is***** and I will do my best to provide a useful input.

Would a photograph with a flash be possible at your convenience?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yea I added some photos, are you able to see them?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Photos:
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
More photos

Thank you for the photographs - do these spots clear up completely in 24 hours? Do they leave any sort of mark on doing so?

Do you have any history of allergies?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Typically the spots can clear up anywhere from a few hours to 48 hours. I saw an allergist after several negative biopsy results. I did a skin prick test and was reactive to several of the substances used including some foods, ragweed, birch, dogs, cats, and a few others I dont remember. He started me on skelaxin and allegra d with some light improvement. I've tried eliminating allergens with basically no success, they have been consistently showing back up for the last two years and definitely are increased during times of stress. Attached is a photo of the same spot now 5 hours later after taking allegra. redness has decreased a bit, still pretty raised, 0 itchiness.

Thank you for the information. This rash and the way it comes and goes seems allergic to me - urticarial dermatitis would the technical term. Finding the allergen is quite tough though - some patients benefit from investigation and in some the condition burns out on its own. I was going to recommend seeing an allergist but you've already done that. Blood allergy testing can be considered if only the skin prick test was done, as well as another allergic test called Patch Testing.

I am opting out of the question to open it to other experts in case any one has a more specific input.

Regards