Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor , PGCSD( Dermatology)
6740150

I was curious if it is possible to have pearly penile

Customer Question

Customer: Hello, I was curious if it is possible to have pearly penile papules on your outer foreskin As an uncircumcised man, I've heard it is possible
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: certainly, I have two small skin colored bumps on my foreskin and I was curious what to think about them I am seeing a doctor soon just to be safe but I remember reading about pearly penile papules
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dermatology Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 11 months ago.

For how long you have such small skin colored bumps?

Is it painful to touch? Burning urination?

Are you suffering from any medical condition?

Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don't know how long exactly but there's no burning or any pain. Would it help if you saw a picture
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I would say I started noticing them a little over a week ago but that's probably because I've recently been paranoid and continue looking down there to see if something's wrong. I could have had them for a while and not known.
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 11 months ago.

Dear,

Well, Pearly penile papules are small bumps, about 1-2 mm across. They does not indicate towards any infection. These are are small dome-shaped to filiform skin-colored papules. Usually, The papules are small, smooth spots that are white or skin-coloured and 1mm-3mm across.

Also, the good news is that penile papules are absolutely nothing to worry about as they pose no health risks and will not cause any pain or irritation.

From the description it sounds that you have penile papules. Yes, they can appear on foreskin. No need to panic.

I would also make clear that In fact, they are very common, with an estimated 20% of the male population getting it.

For cosmetic reasons, dermatologists may remove it by using a CO2 laser to vaporise the spots.

To be honest and From my clinical experience, i can say that you should not be worried. Please don't get panic. This is not related with STD or any other serious issue.

For peace of mind, you can see your doctor and get it clinically examined. It would further make you more relax.

I hope this helps.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business