DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Internist/homeopath
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor/homeopathy medical and homeopathic approaches to skin disorders.
24257177

Ive had a rash 4 months now, its extremely itchy and

Customer Question

Ive had a rash for about 4 months now, its extremely itchy and uncomfortable. they're small red bumps along my back down to my butt across my chest and on my upper arms. I've been given antihistamines, prednisone, doxicyclone. none of these have worked. I've used home remedies and topical lotions. it is extremely uncomfortable.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.

Hello

A sample needs to be sent to the lab for diagnosis.

You are treating blind.

It would be very easy to send one of these bumps.

I can look at a picture here as well.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay im sending the pictures
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.

It looks like a contact dermatitis, which is how they have been treating it, but if you don't eliminate the substance causing it, it won't stop.

It might also be scabies, that is easy to check by scrapping a lesion for the lab.

I suggest just removing a lesion for the lab and sending some scrapping.

It looks like an allergic response.

OK, so that is an initial answer….