dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I had a ringworm on my leg but it's gone now but I have a

Customer Question

I had a ringworm on my leg but it's gone now but I have a rash on my shins still, is that still ringworm!
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  dermdoc19 replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for asking your question. Was your ringworm confirmed with a culture or scarping. What medication cured it. IDermatology is a largely visual field.Is it possible to forward a photograph of the rash on your shins?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the actual round ringworm spot is gone, I used a face mask on it over and over for days until it disappeared. The problem was at the same time I have this underline rash that itches like crazy and it takes nerves of steel not to touch it but I will attach a photo as well!

Thank you for the picture. Was the ringworm confirmed by a culture or KOH scraping or was this the clinical impression of either you or your physician? Do you have any medical problems? Do you take any medication? Any recent travel? Do you have a history of skin problems? Is it only your legs that are affected?