Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I am experiencing what I believe is genital herpes. I have

Customer Question

I am experiencing what I believe is genital herpes.
I have taken a full STD panel test every 6 months with IGG type specific and everything has come back negative. Can you tell me what this is? Does herpes look like this? I have seen pictures online that look like this and its genital herpes.
I had clear fluid blisters on the penis 3 years ago after sexual exposure. And I've gotten tested 10 times with the full std panel and IGG type specific herpes test. And everything came back negative. Is it possible that I was exposed to the virus and test negative this whole time? And that this really is herpes? I don't know what else could have been the clear fluid blisters
I have not had any new sexual partners and my latest test was 3 weeks ago and was all negative
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

molluscum contagiosum can cause clear fluid blisters and water warts. that is probably what you had 3 years go. that is not herpes.

those bumps on your penis look like fordcye spots, not herpes.

there seems like a wound or ulcer on your skin.

did you try to pop a fordcye spot?

those areas don't look like herpes

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The clear fluid blisters that I had 3 years ago looked exactly like herpes pictures of an initial breakout. But all the tests I've take came back negative. Now every once in a while I get these blisters. And you say they do not look like herpes? How do I treat this or keep it from coming back. They reacur quite frankly every couple of weeks
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

no, those don't look like herpes

your test have showed no herpes.

if you are using lubricants which are not water based?

this can block skin pores and cause fordcye spots

no, those are not herpes

you can show them to your doctors.

they will say they are not herpes either.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there any medication to help it go away. And what causes it to keep coming back?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

if you are not washing with soap and water after sex, blocked skin pores can cause fordcye spots on your penis shaft.

medications will not help get rid of fordyce spots.

you should wash with an exfoliating soap and sponge down there to help unblock skin pores and over time that can help

also seeing a dermatologist and getting carbon dioxide laser therapy can get rid of fordyce spots

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

do you have other questions?