Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Physician
Experience:  14 years of Family Practice Experience including most dermatology problems
13781349

I have a few red bumps in my pubic area that together, no

Customer Question

I have a few red bumps in my pubic area that together, no puss, and no itch. If I send a photo could you provide an opinion of these?
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Photos attached
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Anthony Bray MD replied 11 months ago.

Hello!

I reviewed your photos. It looks like folliculitis ...not any STD BTW...

You may benefit to apply Neosporin twice a day to clear this ...should take a week or a bit less I think

I see your request for phone call as well and I will open offer for what Service as well if that would be helpful for you

Best Regards ***** *****!

Anthony Bray MD

Folliculitis is a bacterial infection which affects the pores at hair follicles ... It is common colonizing skin bacteria that usually cause this ... Strep species and staph aureus are common...

At times a topical antibiotic such Bactroban or Atabax may be prescribed .... At times an oral antibiotic may be prescribed ( Keflex, Biaxin, Cipro)

The second picture was very blurred ...I could not tell any detail from that one

Let me know if you have further details or questions .

I will be happy to get back with you by this forum or by phone is fine....

If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.

Thank you and Best Regards ,

Anthony Bray MD

PS -- clearer pictures may be helpful....

The bumps are not sore ? These have no blisters , right? One bump looked like more small pustule which would fit with mild cause of folliculitis ....

Again I think you can probably clear this on your own with application of Neosporin ointment twice a day to affected area for one week....

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This may be better, no blisters. I did pick at the larger one 4 days ago when I first noticed it and it bled a little
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No blisters, not sore either. I did have an std test done earlier in the week and will have the results tomorrow. I panicked when I first saw a bump

Yes that is clearer --- Thank you!

I think this is a mild case of folliculitis. So as I said you probably may clear this with applying over the counter NEOSPORIN cream or ointment twice a day for 7 days. This should clearer it up for you. As I said these are generally skin colonizing bacteria that infect pores with hair follicles .. I don't suspect an STD here ....

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks Anthony, I have pretty sensitive skin so that's a relief.

You are very welcome! Let me know if I may be of further help!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have a decent amount of acne on my butt, what's the best to clear up? I drive and sit behind a desk quite a bit. Could it be the laundry detergent?

Please remember to leave positive feedback.

Also if down the road you should have other MEDICAL OR HEALTH CATEGORY QUESTIONS then you are welcome to reach me specifically via my profile page on this site ...

This is at ;

www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-anthonybraymd/

On the acne problem use a cleanser daily with a mild abrasive ( tons of products ) plus a topical antibiotic ... An oral antibiotic would be most helpful such as Doxycycline twice a day for about 2 months

The over counter regimen such as Proactive is very goog for over the counter regimen.( you don't think of it for this area but it would work) you may see your doctor or dermatologist for BEST help. An oral antibiotic course as I mentioned I suspect would do you the most good for this problem.

I hope that this is helpful for you. Let me know if I may be of further help. Best Regards!

Anthony Bray MD

PS --No I don't think laundry detergent is a problem related to the acne issue .....