dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I have a lump about the size of quarter, that looks like

Customer Question

Customer: I have a lump about the size of quarter, that looks like scar tissue in the center of my chest that is at time itchy and painful. I can some times squeeze it and get a white paste that smells horrible out of it. I have had this for about 15 years but it is continuing to grow and get more irritated. I'm a 38 yr old male
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have had other people say it looks like a keloid (sp) but no one was sure. It is always tender to the touch even when it isn't hurting. Its not exactly round. Look like two kidney beans side by side under the skin
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dermatology Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 11 months ago.

This is Dr. David

this sounds like a subaceous cyst which can put out subaceous waxy material

you can ask a surgeon to have it cut out if it is irritating.

it might be infected. you might need a course of antibiotic therapy.

would you like to upload a clear jpg photo of the lump from a computer?

here are instructions

type a word in the textbox and highlight it

then select the "chain" icon above the textbox or the paper clip icon to upload a jpg

this opens a window where you can click next to the text box to select the jpg or pdf file on your computer to upload into JustAnswer

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert