dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I am having fluid build up all over my scalp causing

Customer Question

Customer: My name is Dipak; I am having fluid build up all over my scalp causing pressure; drainage through the throat; ENT did not find any problem with the sinuses; Neurologist thinks these are early signs of migraine; however I feel constant drainage and pressure along the scalp
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: This has been going on for the past 5 months; I sleep with pressure; wake up with pressure; the pressure builds up within hours of waking up; makes me drowsy; I have been sleeping upto 10 hours a day.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dermatology Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

you could have a sinus infection causing pressure.

sinus infection can cause constant drainage and pressure and headaches and dizziness.

you might need a sinus CT Scan.

and to take allergy medications and a course of antibiotics to help clear up a sinus infection.

have you tried allergy medications and a course of antibiotics?