dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I have bump on my skin right between the bottom penile shaft

Customer Question

Hello I have brown bump on my skin right between the bottom penile shaft and top of my scrotum and I am worried whether it could be a mole or a wart. It seems to have a little piece of hair coming out of it and it has been there for about a year now I was going to see a doctor about it soon but want to see if anyone here could help me. I have a picture that I can show of a close up on the area. It is slightly raised and brown. A little darker than my skin color.
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I added pictures as well.. They appear lighter on camera than how they look in real life.
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

It looks like genial warts. You should see a dermatologist so that you can apply prescription creams at home or the doctor can surgically remove or freeze off the warts. You should also have HPV vaccination.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why is it only one of them and not several like I thought when you get them it would be many of them ? I will go to a doctor soon about this. Will prescription creams remove them ? will they come back ? And how can a vaccination help if I already got warts. I am confused to know if I have warts does that mean I have HPV ? And also I think my girlfriend is the one who gave it to me because she recently had a abnormal pap smear.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
By the way its been like this for over a year if this were warts wouldnt they get bigger or spread by now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just please cancel this question I was looking for a faster answer I will talk with someone else
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Other possibilities are lichen planus, lichen nitidis, and syringomas (rare). All are benign. You should see a dermatologist to have a biopsy to determine the diagnosis.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What makes you think Warts and not a Mole ? it has been there for over a year now and hasn't grown or spead. Its soft not hard not painful.
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

It doesn't seem to be warts according to your explanation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wait it does or doesnt' ? Because you just told me at first you thought i was genital warts.... Which part of my explanation doesn't make it seem that way ? I tried putting vinegar on it and it didnt turn white but Im not sure if i did the test right. I am going to try to see a doctor next week but I just wanted to hear what you thought. This bump started growing after I shaved on time like a year ago it grew in size along with my hair when it came in I thought it could be a ingrown hair for that reason but the problem is its been a year and its still here.