Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology)
40004158

I need to know how can stay in your body without you knowing

Customer Question

I need to know how long syphilis can stay in your body without you knowing it
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is***** and I will do my best to provide a useful input.

Syphilis can stay in the body without one knowing it. It may cause no symptoms initially and progress to a phase called Late Latent Syphilis. The person will feel well and not know anything is wrong unless his/her blood is tested or Tertiary Syphilis develops after many years with heart, skin, or nerve problems.

If you have any doubt about your Syphilis status I would strongly recommend getting a blood test called VDRL or RPR done. This can be followed by another test called TPHA is required.
Please feel free to ask if you have any queries. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Syphilis can stay in the body indefinitely without one knowing it. It may cause no symptoms initially and progress to a phase called Late Latent Syphilis. The person will feel well and not know anything is wrong unless his/her blood is tested or Tertiary Syphilis develops after many years with heart, skin, or nerve problems.