Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor , PGCSD( Dermatology)
6740150

I have a problem by my pubic hair

Customer Question

I have a problem by my pubic hair
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 11 months ago.

Hello

Welcome to Justanswer website.

Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

What is your age & gender?

What problem do you have in your pubic hair?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Did u get the picture I sent
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 11 months ago.

Dear customer

Yes,I have received the picture.

Since how long you have this spot/wound ?

What is your age?

Are you sexually active?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It's been there about a 6 days
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm 26
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 11 months ago.

Dear customer

Are you sexually active?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
but I shaving and it was like a bump I popped it then this happened
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 11 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for the reply.

The symptoms you have described since last 6 days & the photo you have send has been studied closely.These symptoms are most likely due to a condition folliculitis.It is inflammation of one or more hair follicles most probably occured from shaving.The damaged follicles are then infected with the bacteria staphylococcus.

Swabbing the skin, then sending it to a laboratory for bacterial and yeast cultures will confirm the infection.

You need physical examination by your doctor & prescription antibiotic medication.Also anti fungal medication may be required.

So make an appointment with your dermatologist for examination.Till then apply ointment containing fusidic acid and betamethasone.It is available as over the counter(OTC). Warm compresses made with white vinegar or Burow's solution will ease itching(if any) and help healing.

If still after this,the symptoms persists,then you need to consult your doctor as oral medications & antibiotics may be required accordingly.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I just started taking amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium had some that my dr gave me will that work
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 11 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium are one of the best antibiotic to cure this.

You need to take it in the prescribed dosage for 5-7 days or as prescribed.Within few days the wound/spot will get healed.

Also apply a local antibiotic ointment like ultramide or ointment polysporin.they are available as OTC without prescription.It will help in quick healing & faster recovery.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh