Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor
Experience:  20 Years in Internal Medicine, Neurology and Sports Medicine
61817858

I have a few bumps on the shaft of my penis

Customer Question

Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 11 months ago.

How many of them? and for how long?

Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 11 months ago.

Can you upload a photo, Mike?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have 2 bumps that are bigger and look and pink and then small flesh bumps
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 11 months ago.

I think these are both the same image. The 2 clear colored lesions on the shaft appear to be benign lesions that are normal physiological occurrences and are not dangerous for human health. They probably are not sexually transmitted lesions. Possibilities would include pearly papules, molluscum contagiosum, or Fordyce spots. If left alone, these types of lesions typically resolve.

Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 11 months ago.

While treatment of these types of lesions is generally not recommended, a dermatologist could freeze them, treat them topically or with a laser, or remove them surgically. I would suggest you see your primary doctor to have the diagnosis confirmed and get a referral. In the meantime, I would not worry about them as they have a benign appearance.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry here's the image of the other bumps
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 11 months ago.

The one in the foreground has a slight reddish rim suggesting an element of inflammation...possibly an ingrown hair or folliculitis...unless it was recently manipulated, in which case it could be just a local, temporary irritation. A single lesion like this will also likely resolve on its own, possibly using warm compresses and avoiding pressure or irritation on the area. If these lesions all came on at the same time, they are likely due to the same cause. If they appeared or behave differently they may be two separate issues. Either way, these types of lesions are common on the penis and usually temporary. Close examination by your primary doctor is likely all that is needed to reassure you that these lesions are normal and will not cause any problems for you .

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
thanks Doctor
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 11 months ago.

You're welcome. Hope all works out for the best.