Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Can I use oxymed infevtion

Customer Question

Can I use oxymed for sinus infevtion
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 11 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Could you clarify what drug you are referencing by Oxymed?

Oxymed is a generic hormone drug, which would not logically be asked about for a sinus infection.

I can also find a topical product called Oxymed used for soothing the skin, but also not typically used for the sinuses.

Or are you referring to a different product?

Hello from JustAnswer.

I had asked for some clarification and have not heard back, and while the clarification would be necessary to address the product, there are a couple of other comments that would be pertinent in this situation.

Neither of the products that I referenced above would typically be helpful for a sinus infection. If there is another product that you are referencing, then I would be glad to comment upon that product.

As for the sinus infection, Augmentin is one of the strongest oral antibiotics that can help with the common germs that cause a bacterial sinus infection. However, GI upset is one of the common side effects to Augmentin, It may help to take Augmentin with meals. But if there continues to be significant nausea and vomiting despite taking the Augmentin with meals, it would be appropriate to change to a different antibiotic. Keflex is less potent than the Augmentin, but there are some other antibiotics in the same class as the Keflex that would be more potent, such as Ceftin/cefuroxime.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.