Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Physician
Experience:  14 years of Family Practice Experience including most dermatology problems
13781349

I noticed on Tuesday that suddenly my clothes were more snug

Customer Question

I noticed on Tuesday that suddenly my clothes were more snug than usual. Today the exact same clothes could not be pulled up past mid thigh. from my abdomen to my knees are extremely swollen. My skin feels like it's going to bust and it's difficult to move due to the tightness of my skin.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Anthony Bray MD replied 11 months ago.

Hello!

Your description sounds that you may have a problem in which you may be retaining fluid .

This could be a consequence of kidney function impairment or heart function impairment as major potential concerns .Other problems could be the underlying cause

I advise that you see your doctor or otherwise seek thorough medical evaluation very soon...

Watch and record daily weights

If you have ongoing rapid weight gain such as > 2 pounds a day over several days then seem medical attention without delay

If you develop shortness of breath then go to ER!

I hope that this information is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further questions or concerns.I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD