Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology)
40004158

My glans is covered with what looks like goosebumps, the

Customer Question

my glans is covered with what looks like goosebumps, the bumps show sometimes quite a bit and sometimes hardly at all. the bumps are not pain full, I'm 52 years old and noticed this after two years of sexual inactivity, any ideas on what this could be?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is***** and I will do my best to provide a useful input.

Would a photograph of the affected area be possible at your convenience?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the photograph. These are normal penile bumps called Angiofibromas. All men have them and they can become prominent from time to time for reasons varying from heat to friction from sex/masturbation - they can also become more prominent with age. Also often even though they have been there a long time a person may notice them only years later when closely examining the penile skin and become concerned.

No treatment is required since the bumps are harmless and non-communicable.

Please feel free to ask if you have any queries. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much!
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.

You're most welcome! Glad I could be of help :).

Kindly consider rating our interaction to enable me to get credit for my work with you. You can continue to follow up even after if required. Thank you.