DrHoellering
DrHoellering, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor of internal and general medicine self employed
61885400

I have had a fungus problem under my breasts and groin. I

Customer Question

I have had a fungus problem under my breasts and groin. I think from constant presentation from working in hot environment. I am now on a cream and nystatin powder. I have had this condition for quite some time. What other treatment is there?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrHoellering replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I don't like the mixture of powder and cream, because at these body parts they build little lumps that put additional pressure on your lacerated skin. So the best thing would be to try to get along with Nystatin powder alone, which is a good medication. The afflicted parts should be kept dry, which is not always possible when you work in a hot enviroment. Please wear cotton underwear and nothing synthetic; cotton absorbs the humidity. After showering dry the skin well without rubbing. The best way is using a hairdryer. If you need to use towels, please take paper tissues and throw them away not to infect your towels with fungal spores.

If Nystatin doesn't help you can give Clotrimazole a try. If this doesn't help either, a swab can show if the fungus is the only problem or if there are bacteria as well. They would need a different treatment.

I wish you a soon recovery!