Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Physician
Experience:  14 years of Family Practice Experience including most dermatology problems
13781349

Rash on penis head with a tingling sensation while urinating

Customer Question

I had unprotected sex about a month ago and the woman rubbed my penis on her chest, stomach, and vaginal area, skin to skin. Since then, I have developed a rash on the penile head, some swelling on the opening. I've been experiencing a tingly feeling, not all the time but when I urinate, the tingling sensation increases, I have foreskin and sometimes I feel my penile head a bit moist at random times bit do not see any discharge. It does not itch it just tingles time to time. I haven't had sex since then. I had a small red rash on the top but vanished. Most of the problem is under the tip.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Anthony Bray MD replied 1 year ago.
You appear to have a case of urethritis. See your doctor. The urethra should be swabbed. There is high chance of this being a STD...Chlamydia or gonorrhea is possible. Other cause of inflammation of the urethra of the penis is possible (urinary tract type infection due to urea plasma another possibility)
I would most highly suspect possible Chlamydia #1 and gonorrhea as #2 likely causes.
So evaluation and treatment are advised.
I would still have high degree of suspicion but note the negative test for gonorrhea and Chlamydia.
I would favor treatment with doxycycline or azithromycin.
Follow up within several days if the infection is not rapidly improving.