dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I am an african american female. About six years ago, I had

Customer Question

I am an african american female. About six years ago, I had iron transfusion because of being anemic. After the treatments my face turned very dark. I tried using bleaching creams but its not working. What can I do about it.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 12 months ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is***** and I will do my best to provide a useful input.

How many transfusions did you have? Was it only the face that turned dark or the whole body?

Would a photograph of the affected area be possible at your convenience?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I had three infusions. The reason for the infusion was, I had a fibroid tumor on my uterus that was causing me to lose a lot of blood. My face was the only part that turned very dark. As far as me sending a picture I do not know how to do this. lol.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

Good Morning,

I am not based in the US so unfortunately cannot do a phone call. If you can transfer the photograph to your computer then the fastest way to get a picture to me is to upload it to the question box by clicking on the paper clip or tree icon in the question box toolbar. This toolbar does not display in google chrome and safari so an alternate browser may be required. You can also upload them to any free photo hosting site like picasa or photobucket and send me the link if you prefer.

Or you can email the photographs to***@******.*** with my name (For Dr Nair dermatology expert) in the subject line but they usually take a few hours to forward these to me. If you choose this option please make sure you ask for an acknowledgment from JustAnswer that they have received your mail, and let me know that you have sent it. Please note that you must send this from the same email address you registered with justanswer.

NOTE: If you're still unsure about the photograph let me know and I will do my best based on the information provided.