dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

My daughter who is six has these flesh colored bumps mainly

Customer Question

My daughter who is six has these flesh colored bumps mainly along her hairline on the high areas of her forehead that proceed into the hair, what could these be?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 12 months ago.

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?

You can upload the photo on www.photobucket.com and send me the link

Other method of uploading photo or a file is:

1.Click the paperclip icon

2.Click the Browse icon

3.Click the Browse button

4.Select your file and click Open

5.Click OK

6.Click Insert

7.Click Save Changes on this page

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I don't have a good picture of it right now. I can say that some of them have a center to them like a pimple, but when extracted it's hard and white.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
She didn't have them during the summer, or not that I noticed anyway but they started showing more now that it's gotten colder and she's been wearing a stocking cap.

Thank you for the information provided.

Without the photo , it would be challenging to inform you about the exact condition. However , from the description of the lesions that you have given , and considering her age it looks like Milia .

These are dead skin cells that accumulated and look like hard cysts with a hard white pearl like substance within.

These are benign and common in children and appear on the forehead and around the eyes and can extend into the scalp in our experience.

This condition can be treated by physical removal of the milia at the Doctors clinic.

The other over the counter creams like Tea tree oil can be applied to loosen then so they can exfoliate over time by themselves.

Do you Agree with what I have mentioned?

Please do get back to me in case of any further queries