dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I have a bright red bump on the front of my head that I have

Customer Question

I have a bright red bump on the front of my head that I have had almost a week now. It has grown a little but not much. It's a little hard and a little sensitive, and I'm concerned.
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am worried if this is some form of cancer. I have never had a bump on my head like this. What could it be?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is a photo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried to take a better one
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.

ello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Do you have history of Diabetes?

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No diabetes sir
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.

Does it bleed on touch ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does not bleed when touched
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the reply. From the history and photo it looks very much like a Solitary ANGIOMA.

This condition is benign and is not related in any way to cancer.

This can be removed by freezing the area with liquid nitrogen which can be done at the Doctors clinic.

Do you Agree with what I have mentioned?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doc I have to say that I believe I do agree. I will give you some background here and maybe I figured out the cause of this... The bump is on the right side of my head, and I believe the right side of my head controls the left side of my body, the left arm/hand. Right before December first, i downloaded and started playing a game called rainbow six seige. I played a beta for 4 days. I believe on Saturday last week was when it first appeared. I have no played computer games since I was 16 and 17. I have not used my left hand to control keyboard keys on the left side (a, s, w, d, e, q). I noticed I struggled to use the keys but got better as I went... Only reason I came with this theory was because I tried picking up my weights a couple days ago and felt weakness in my left bicep... I just read online that symptoms include weakness in the arms. Doctor, do you believe the video game may be a connection to this? Other than that I am satisfied with your answer. I will see my local doctor and show them your recommendation.
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your message,

No , I do not believe in the video game theory .

I would suggest that you can ask your doctor for an opinion regarding his belief in your video game theory.

Good luck !

Cryofreezing should take it out in one sitting