dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I initially started breaking out on my neck with little

Customer Question

i initially started breaking out on my neck with little bumps. I went to the a pcp and dermatologist. they say that i am allergic to something. my pcp recently advised i had fungal infection and that its something external. so for months, since march until about a month ago, this was just on the neck. Now, its beginning to be everywhere. it doesnt itch alot thank god. the doctors gave a cream which i use on my neck. i recently started taking benedry allergy this week and using a cortisone creame. i do have escema (spelling) as well..my doctor prescribed me an antibiotic (2pills) and that was ok for a wk or so...
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i take levothyroxine for the thyroid because i was hypo. they removed it and now im hypo. weeks after i started the meds in march is when this started. however, the doctors are saying its not an allergic reaction to the meds because it was only on my neck...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i was hyper and now im hypothyroid.
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is***** and I will do my best to provide a useful input.

Would a photograph of the affected areas be possible at your convenience?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replied to the text notification with two pictures...did u get it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pictures of kneck and arm are sent
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The kneck picture was taken when I went to the primary care doctor. ...the arm pic was taken now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doctor advise I use head and shoulders and rub it into my skin and sleep overnight when u wash my hair weekly...that made it better...
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the photographs. I was hoping this was something I could identify online and help you with but I can't narrow it down to one condition to explain your problems. Am therefore opting out of the question to open it to other experts in case anyone else has a better understanding. Sorry I could not help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am I required to pay another doctor another 50 dollars....if so, please don't forward...if it's still covered on the original 50 dollars then ok, forward and I thank you for you honesty...