DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Internist/homeopath
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor/homeopathy medical and homeopathic approaches to skin disorders.
24257177

I shaved my pubic hairs and developed hair bumps. The

Customer Question

Customer: Hello. I shaved my pubic hairs and developed hair bumps. The majority of them went away and now I have two that have developed under my skin near my panty line. I recall using a razor. I have not been sexually active for years. The lumps under my skin will not go away.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I've tried aloe vera, Neosporin to name a few. There is no puss coming out of them at all. They are now soft to the touch. I just want them gone. I developed them after shaving.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dermatology Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Does my question have to be posted?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, It's Dr. C. Board certified physician. I can help you today.

I'm sorry that you're having trouble with these bumps. Is it possible for you to attach an image file for me to see? That would be very helpful.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
see attached. It's a dark spot and bump up under the skin.
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for attaching the photo. It's helpful. I can see the dark spot and bump. The next thing to try is an intensive 4 days of moist heat, a heating pad wrapped in a wet washcloth for 10 minutes at a time 4 times daily. If that doesn't make any difference, then the next step is to have the lesion excised. This can be done easily in the office by injected a small wheel of local anesthetic under the skin and snipping the lesion out. The area heals quickly and usually doesn't leave much in the way of a scar.

Anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I read this online for free already. Heat is not working. I've been bathing is very hot water for weeks.
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

In that case the only way to get it removed is by having it excised like I described above. This can be done by any dermatologist.

Any other questions?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not satisfied with the answer. I believe you gave me a canned answer and you put no real effort in assisting. I read these online for free. I thought maybe I'd get a little more insight on why the bumps, that have puss in them have not gone away. Why was the second option getting cut? Something tells me I'd live to regret getting cut.A board certified
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.

HI

This is a different expert.

The photo is not clear at all.

Can you get a brighter clearer photo and attach?

Thanks