Dr. C.
Dr. C., M.D.
Experience:  30 years medical experience
54412793

We 't have a family story. I just noticed it recently

Customer Question

We don't have a family history. I just noticed it recently few days ago. How long it takes for melanoma to grow?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

Hi It's Dr. C. Board certified physician. I can help you today.

I'm sorry you have this worry. Melanoma lesions start gradually and increase in size over time, usually a few weeks. Is it possible for you to attach an image file of the lesion you're concerned about? That would be helpful.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just took it
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

It's a bit blurry but I can see that it's very dark. If it came on suddenly, it might just be a broken blood vessel under the skin. If that's what it is, it will change color then start shrinking over the next few days. If that doesn't happen, then it would be best to have it seen in person. At age 20, it's much more likely that it's a broken vessel under the skin. So I hope that it starts shrinking soon.

Any questions?

Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

If no more questions, please leave a rating for my service. I aim for excellent and appreciate your feedback. Thanks.