Dr  S.A.Alam
Dr S.A.Alam, MBBS
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS (R)
16248889

I got a small cut on my frenulum during sex about 6 weeks

Customer Question

I got a small cut on my frenulum during sex about 6 weeks ago. I am circumsized and don't have have a shortened frenulum, it was simply a small friction burn. For the first four weeks, I tried to be careful but continued masturbating (attempting to not touch the frenulum directly) but it prevented it from healing completely. The last two weeks I have abstained from masturbating completely, but it still doesn't seem to be completely healed. The skin seems a little thinner in that area. I'm going to continue to abstain from sex and masturbation for several more weeks, but am somewhat concerned that I interrupted the process of wound healing too many times during the first month, and that it won't heal completely, leaving me vulnerable to future tears during sex. Is this a rational fear, or should it heal completely if I give it several more weeks?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr S.A.Alam replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, it is true that initial healing obstruction makes wound prone to repeat ulcers during sex, this is very common issue and can be dealt with application of mild oil or lubricant during sex, abstinence from sex for couple of weeks along with application of antibiotics creams also helps early recovery. let me know if you have questions, thank you.