Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I ordered a liquid lipstick from colour pop because I wanted

Customer Question

I ordered a liquid lipstick from colour pop because I wanted to try something new. But then my upper lip started to tingle but I didn't think on it much. A few days later, the side of my lip started to itch and small bumps and I started freaking out so i but peroxide over it but after to clear up a dark spot was there instead which is bothering me. And now today including the dark spot, my upper lip started tingling so i scratched it and now red bumps are on my lip and my upper lip is also swelling. I thought it was herpes but I've never had sex with anyone nor have kissed anyone im only 16 what should i do?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

You are most likely having allergic contact dermatitis from what you are describing.

You will likely require a prescription of a steroid cream to help cure this problem.

If there is a secondary bacterial infection, which is something that can happen commonly, then you will also need a topical or an oral antibiotic as well along with the topical steroid.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options (stars) at your end.

Kind regards