Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I am willing to pay $60 if a dermatologist can write a

Customer Question

I am willing to pay $60 if a dermatologist can write a letter recommending laser treatment or chemical peels based on my diagnosis of rosacea (face and neck) and previous pre cancerous lesions on my neck and face. I want to pay by my Flexible spending account so I need the letter to state that based on my diagnosis (Rosacea and Pre Cancerous lesions), I would benefit medically speaking from the above treatments. I have previoius looked in to Ultherapy and IPL and based on my research these seem to have medical benefit for my diagnosis. Please recommend which of the laser/chemical derm treatments would beneifit my conditions. Carmen
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.

Carmen,

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

In order to write you the sort of letter you seek a in-person examination has to be done with all results documented in the medical with the findings supporting the facts of the letter written.

What you are asking is for a doctor to commit fraud... a crime punishable by loss of medical license as well as criminal prosecution.

I suggest you make an appointment to see your local dermatologist, have a full exam and see if she agrees with the diagnosis and treatment plan you have come up with on your own.

I realize that this was not the answer you were hoping to hear but it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.

Surely, you prefer that I tell the truth rather than what you wish to hear. Because it reflects very poorly on me unless you press one of the top three feedback choices, keep this in mind when rating my answer and please do not punish me for being honest. I understand that this may not be easy to hear, and I empathize.

Even though my answer was not quite what you were hoping for, please understand that my priority was to provide you with the most honest information. With that in consideration, I hope that you found my answer useful. Please click the excellent feedback button so that I can receive credit for my efforts.

Dr. Rick MD FACS