dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I think I have a penile yeast infection. This seemed to

Customer Question

I think I have a penile yeast infection. This seemed to happen after I took antibiotics (left over from another problem) for what I thought was a urinary track infection. Self diagnosed and took twice the dosage I should have. I know...incredibly stupid thing to do. My penis is very sore on and near the head and I have a burning sensation when urinating with weak urine stream. I also have an odor that smells sweet...very strong. I applied monostat cream twice daily for seven days and it seemed to help a little but now I seem right back where I started. My scrotum seems to be a little red but doesn't itch or burn, but does seem like heat is present. What is your diagnosis based on the information I provided?
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The antibiotic i took was Azithromycin. Was suppose to take 500mg first day, then 250mg for days of two, three, four and five. But I took 500mg for the entire five days. But again, the reason I took the antibiotics is because I thought I had a urinary track infection with weak stream and felt like I needed to urinate all he time. Maybe I already had the yeast infection and the antibiotics just made it worse? And I must say I have never had a yeast infection in my life, not even athletes foot or jock itch.
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?

You can upload the photo on www.photobucket.com and send me the link

Other method of uploading photo or a file is:

1.Click the paperclip icon

2.Click the Browse icon

3.Click the Browse button

4.Select your file and click Open

5.Click OK

6.Click Insert

7.Click Save Changes on this page

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic