dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I have a discolored spot on my buttocks that is very light

Customer Question

Hi I have a discolored spot on my buttocks that is very light but if it is a mole looks like it could be atypical or worse melanoma. It is slightly longer then a pencil eraser. I am a 26 year old male. I have over 100 moles but no family history of melanoma
or personal history of melanoma. I do have a history of tanning and one blistering sunburn when I was 18. I have two pictures of the spot. I was previously advised online that this could be SEBORRHOEIC KERATOSIS. Does it appear to be SEBORRHOEIC KERATOSIS
or does it look like melanoma?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

No, it is nor Seborrheic keratoses. It usually develops after 50 years. You are too young. It seems to be lentigo which is benign because no nodules are inside. If nodules are inside, it could be lentigo maligna (melanoma).