Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Is this a free service, i have a odour that emitts from my

Customer Question

hi, is this a free service, i have a odour that emitts from my groin fr the last two years people notice it quite bad at work and when i am out and about.
i went to a specialist who says i have candidida,could this cause an odour? i have 6 treatments wehere they flsh warm water into my colon however there is still an odour?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

No, this is not a free service, but you usually would have placed a deposit and that would be the sole expense.

Yes, Candida in the groin can cause a bad odor and is actually the most common cause of a bad odor from the groin. It sounds like you have tried many different topical treatments for the Candida, and if the problem is persistent, it may be better to use an oral medicine, such as fluconazole. There also should be some consideration of whether there is an underlying condition that predisposes to Candida infections of the groin, such as diabetes. In diabetics with persistent Candida infections, it may require more intensive control of the diabetes to get the Candida infections under control.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.