DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Internist/homeopath
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor/homeopathy medical and homeopathic approaches to skin disorders.
24257177

Black dot from scalp are back. They started after my kitten

Customer Question

Black dot from scalp are back. They started after my kitten kneaded on my scalp in 2010. My immune system is low from late-disseminated Lyme Disease-which was treated for 6 mo. on IV antibiotics. The scaling and specs only lessened. I just got pelvic surgery and my sq immnoglobulin I was cut off from-insurance not paying pharmacy. They seemed to go away while on cipro. Now they are back with a vengeance! Help! Can't I 'make' a Dr. take a sample? NO ONE will take biological sample! I am a fish and wildlife Technician: WHY is this such a big deal to Doctors? Send the sample to a LAB for analysis right?!
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Yes.

The doctor needs to send one to the lab.

That is very easy to do and will identify what this is.

It is not a big deal if you go to a dermatologist.

they do such biopsies every day.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.