How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 43862
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Penile skin - I had an ingrown hair on my penis (you can see

Customer Question

Penile skin - I had an ingrown hair on my penis (you can see it looking down from above) I stupidly squeezed it and It is now, although not painful, a clearly visible little reddish pit like scar and I don't know who I should see about it and what I could possibly do to restore the appearance...
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

you should see your regular primary care doctor first

and get it evaluated to see if it is still infected or not.

you might need a skin culture to check for infection

your primary care doctor can give you antibiotic pills and creams to fight off infections.

once the infection is gone, you can use over the counter creams like Mederma to help decrease scar tissue from forming.

over time the scar tissue will improve.

would you like to upload a photo of the area so I can better assist you?

do you have a doctor you can see about this area?

Related Dermatology Questions