dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

The lower back of my head, at the hairline it extremely

Customer Question

hello. the lower back of my head, at the hairline it extremely itchy and there seem to be some raised areas, also itch on my cheeks, below my eyes and palms. last time this occurred I had a reaction to antibiotics but I am not taking any meds at this time.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Can you attach the photos? Does anything make it better or worse? When did it start? Is it getting worse? Are you aware of anything which might triggered it? Any medical problem? Any surgeries? Any family medical history?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm 6'0 and approximately 290 lbs. I can not send photos (I'm at work). Nothing seems to make it better or worse but now feeling it behind my ears and my lips are tender. Many surgeries. Ankle surgery 20 years ago, reconstructive colon approx 13 years ago, two abdominal hyrnia surgeries and elbow surgery. Have not eaten anything 'ouside the norm' and this started last evening just before bed (approx 9pm CT).
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Have you had your blood sugar checked? Any skin lesions behind your ears, your lips, and so forth? Is stress increased at home or work since yesterday?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have not had my blood sugar checked. no lesions but tender. no increase in either work or home stress.
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

They symptoms seems to be related to neurological problem like peripheral neuropathy. Having diabetes for a long time causes it. But it is one of the causes of peripheral neuropathy. You should see your doctor and s/he will refer a neurologist if necessary.