DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Physician
55099014

I have been having red, dry, flaky skin accompanied by red

Customer Question

I have been having red, dry, flaky skin accompanied by red patches of skin where the foreskin meets the head of the penis. 4 months ago I engaged in a sexual activity with a woman who had given me oral. This problem started a week after then when I noticed my skin had began to be inflamed and not healing properly. I have gotten std and hiv tests which came back negative. Also I went to a general practitioner who thought it may be a yeast infection. After examination I do not think to be the case as it does not itch or hurt in any way unless I start to think about it too much. I applied clotrimazole to the penis which made it more dry and felt stinging and pain which made me think it was not good to use it. What is very interesting is when I wake up my penis looks very healthy and pink. As the day goes on it begins to be more red and I begin to see the skin flaking off. I am extremely puzzled to what this condition may be and really looking for peace of mind Sir. Thank yo
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.

do you have a pic?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1st photo was taken last night and two this morning. This morning it looks a bit better. When it becomes aroused you can see the dry flaky skin and red irritation. The problem seems to become more visible as the day goes on, perhaps with use of penis? The foreskin seems to be tighter than usual but most certain it is not balanitis because it does not hurt to retract and is not itchy or painful whatsoever. My penis has become very sensitive to friction and gets irritated with any friction. One thing I wanted to mention is I was applying coconut oil for awhile while masturbating. Perhaps the use of coconut oil after the irritation tightened my foreskin and therefore causes this irritation of skin? Another thing I wanted to add is when I pull my foreskin back it peels back very slowly, it seems to be sticking to the head of my penis. It does not hurt or itch. Thank you so much!
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.

did you get tested for STDs?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
for gonorhea and clamidhya and hiv. All came back negative.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does it look like an std?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am going in again tomorrow to get tested again just in case the tests were not done right.
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.

I don't think it is an STD

I think it is fungal like balanitis

Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.

please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it :)

if you have more questions, just reply