Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
88123236

What can I do to stop itching at night? I can't sleep and am

Customer Question

What can I do to stop itching at night? I can't sleep and am going crazy.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 1 year ago.

I'm Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, trying to help you today.

First thing, it is very important to know the cause of itching at night. You have to be aware of few conditions like atopic dermatitis, Psoriasis, and few kidney diseases that can cause night time itching.

The physiological process in the body also plays a role in increasing night time itching. The change in hormonal levels, temperature level, and water level also is the cause for the increase in night time itching. Be aware that In conditions like scabies and body lice infestation the insects tend to hide on the bed, in the linen and even the clothing.

You can try taking Hydroxyzine tablets in the night, apply moisturizer, drink lot of water, chnage bed clothing often, and if the symptoms persist, you have to consult a dermatologist, so that he can prescribe mild corticosteroids and anti depressants, which can reduce the sensation of itching.

Hope I provided the required information.

Please don't forget to click on the positive rating, as that is important for me to get compensated.

Have a speedy recovery. Any questions, I'm always here

Sincerely,

Dr Chaithanya