DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Internist/homeopath
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor/homeopathy medical and homeopathic approaches to skin disorders.
24257177

My husband accidentally scratched mself on the head of s

Customer Question

My husband accidentally scratched himself on the head of his penis. It looks like quite a bit of a deep abbration. He says it burns when he urinates and there is puss coming out but he can't figure out whether the puss is coming from the abbration or his penis. He won't go to the doctor because he doesn't have insurance at the moment. He is just trying to wait it out to see if it goes away but I think it's infected. What are your thoughts about this? Should he go to see a doctor?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.

Yes she should go to a doctor.

Staph infection is possible.

Some forms of staph can turn nasty and eat up tissue rapidly./

He would not want that.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.