DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Internist/homeopath
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor/homeopathy medical and homeopathic approaches to skin disorders.
24257177

I have a ulcer on my lip. I have had cold sores in the past

Customer Question

I have a white ulcer on my lip. I have had cold sores in the past and I thought this was just a cold sore. Usually mine scab over and turn yellow, but this looks like something different. It hurt a bit at first, but now there is minimal pain. When I scratch
it it hurts though and bleeds. It started on Tuesday and turned into this white film like a canker sore, which I also have from time to time. I am sick, so I thought maybe this was the reason, but I've just never seen something like this and am freaked out
because I have a history of smoking and chewing tobacco, but have been using an ecig for the past 2 years. related.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Indeed this looks like cold sores.

Cancer does not appear all of a sudden like this, and not in such clusters.

What I see here is a couple of herpes 1 areas in different stages.

'

of course show this to your doctor, but it will probably b e gone by then.

Also make sure there is no secondary bacterial infection, such as from staph bacteria, which can happen.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.